This is what 9 days of keto does to a fat wheat belly

hippygirl325
hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
I have been on keto for a total of days and in the beginning I didn't have a scale so I estimated that I was at around 265 but now I am sure I was closer to 275. All ny clothes were tight and my belly was so big I worried that some of my shirts were too small to keep it all covered. Embarassing! I was binging on ice cream, pizza, burritos, and chips all the time, always eating tons of carbs and sugar. Now I just weighed myself and I'm at 263 and all my clothes fit fine. :) At least I got to that point and it has only been 2 weeks!!! I feel fantastic and have much more energy! I never feel bloated anymore! I feel much more balanced. It's awesome! I still have lots to go to get down to goal which currently is 145 but it is a good start. So without further ado here are my pics. The first one is from day 5 and the other is from today.

20141226_113827-1_zpsff1f2f7b.jpg

20150104_101044_zps4dae3b27.jpgI'll be excited to show more as time goes on. (PS I have never been pregnant so all that belly is fat from junk food and wheat.)

Replies

• hippygirl325
    Total of 14 days I have been on it including today. Forgot to include the number at the beginning. Lol
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    The difference in your lower back is really noticeable, too! NICE job!! I'm on day 4 of keto eating and my belly bloat is vastly better, even though I've only dropped 2-3#s -- it was entirely from my gut.
  • hippygirl325
    Yay! I really didn't expect to notice such a big difference there so soon because in the past when I lost weight by cutting calories I was still eating lots of bread and pasta and carhs in general. Lol I honestly can't see any reason to ever stop eating this way. OH, and I forgot to mention that my menstrual cycle has been having me on for really long periods of time and I've had to take birth control to regulate it and this time it'd been like two months on and I didn't want to start taking birth control because in the next year and a half or so I want to try for a baby. It's finally stopped now so it's evidence that it's balancing my hormones as well, which is really a miracle to me after all the years of dealing with that!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Good job. My belly is bigger than yours, I even have stretch marks.. :( (and that's after losing 46 lbs)... LOL!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • hippygirl325
    I have TONS of stretch marks, just mostly faded. lol Still looks yucky. Can't wait to post once I'm farther along in my progress.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I believe today is day 3 for me. :smiley: The water weight is coming off sooo quickly, I'm peeing all the time and for once the two scales I use are in agreement that I'm losing weight. (the one at home and the ones at the plasma center I go to. They are usually off by 3lbs.) :smile:
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Yaa, HG...inspirational!
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Way to go! It's so awesome when YOU can actually see a difference, especially after such a short time! Keep up the good, hard work!
  • traveljjo
    traveljjo Posts: 35 Member
    Awesome progress!
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Great progress! It's amazing how much of a difference keto makes when it comes to bloating and swelling!
  • hippygirl325
    Absolutely. To think what was going on inside of me...probably a lot of nasty inflammation, blech! Feel sooo good now! :)
  • Nice work. I'm on day 4.
  • Jen_o
    Jen_o Posts: 13 Member
    Yay! Congrats!! That's excellent progress!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    I always kick myself later for not taking that before photo, but I do keep an after photo from when I lost a lot of weight last time. It can be very motivational!! Great progress!!
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    quiarga wrote: »
    I always kick myself later for not taking that before photo, but I do keep an after photo from when I lost a lot of weight last time. It can be very motivational!! Great progress!!

I was just thinking the same thing - but my "before's" have clothing on - I would have never been that brave! NICE JOB!